Emergency Board Meeting
Tuesday, February 16, 2018
Board will me to discuss personnel issues 42.30.110 g
NO AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM WEDNESDAY 2/21!!
Oakville School Board Vacancy
Oakville School District #400 Board Director District 3 Vacancy
January 2, 2018
The Oakville School District #400 has an opening for Director Number 2, which includes the schools of the district of Oakville. In the keeping with the aims of the board, we encourage anyone with a passion for public education to apply. Qualified applicants must reside within the District position 2 boundaries.
Oakville School Board is seeking individuals who:
- Are committed to closing learning and opportunity gaps
- Have experience in management/leadership
- Understand short and long-term strategic planning
- Have demonstrated a commitment to education
- Are connected and involved with their communities, and are interested in presenting a diverse perspective in representing the community we serve.
- Possess an awareness of current trends in education
- Must be a team player
- Willingness and commitment to attend and participate in regional/state activities
- Strong desire to invest time and effort into the students of Oakville School District
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit:
- A letter of introduction that includes a brief summary of prior experience and strengths related to the attributes listed above. (No more than 2 pages).
- A resume or vitae summarizing educational preparation, work experience and community involvements
Please submit application materials by January 19, 2018, at 4pm. The letter should be directed to Tamra Ruymann, Board Chair c/o Rich Staley. Materials may be submitted by email (email@example.com), or delivered to District office located at 103 School St. Oakville, WA. 98568
The School Board will review application materials and invite finalists to an interview during their February 12, 2018 workshop meeting.
Below is a message from the Oakville School Board:
In early November, the business office developed concerns about our financial records, specifically related to various individual compensation issues, and as a result took immediate action. Due to the nature of the concerns, the district was obligated to call the Gray's Harbor Sheriff's office, State Auditor, and Clear Solutions (our Risk Management Contractor) (and did so) and have stayed in contact with all three.
The District has not had a complete state audit on its compensation records and practices in several audit cycles. For those reasons the Superintendent has asked the State Auditor’s Office to conduct an inquiry. The Auditor’s Office has agreed and a team has been in the district since 1/3/18.
In the meantime, District administrators have taken appropriate steps to permit a thorough investigation into the concerns and secure public resources. To the extent that we can, consistent with good investigatory practices, we are committed to keeping the Oakville school community and larger community informed of the progress of this work.
At this time we cannot provide more detail.
We take seriously our stewardship of public resources and look forward to the conclusion of the Auditor’s investigation, so that we can take any necessary steps to protect the District and merit the community’s trust.
Oakville School Board
January 2018 Lunch & Breakfast Menu
January 2018 Breakfast Menu
January 2018 Lunch Menu
"ABOVE & BEYOND"
Special Education Teacher and Athletic Director